ZipStrip is a rigid polystyrene "T" shaped strip. The horizontal portion of the "T" is removable while the top portion of the "T" provides stiffness so the strip can be placed into the wet surface of a concrete slab in a straight line. The bottom portion, or vertical sections, of the "T" resembles the shape of an arrow and has a suitable protruding anchor at the bottom to prevent movement when the top stiffener portion of the "T" is removed. ZipStrip is available in 1", 1-1/2", and 2" vertical depths, and will provide a weakened plane joint in on-grade concrete slabs ranging from 4" to 8" thick.
Architects and Engineers:
- ZipStrip is the most advanced method of creating weakened plane joints in on-grade concrete slabs. ZipStrip creates an early line of weakness in a concrete floor which insures against surface random cracking. Below the surface, key line cracking takes place around the aggregate which forms a natural locking of both sides of the ZipStrip.
- ZipStrip is the inexpensive alternative to saw cutting when plane joints are required in on-grade concrete slabs. Concrete surfaces can be finished smooth over the top of the ZipStrip or control joint lines can be tool edged using a preferred radius on slab surface.
Tech Data Sheet
VoidCap is a polystyrene expansion cap with a removable top that can be placed over all types of expansion joint. After the concrete is poured, the top of the VoidCap is level with the surface of the slab. After the surface of the concrete is finished, the top portion of the VoidCap can be removed to allow a void approximately 1/2" deep. Any type of self-leveling caulk can be placed into the void sealing the joint from surface moisture.
Tech Data Sheet
APC #79 Hi-Performance Spray Adhesive is a very aggressive and fast-setting aerosol spray adhesive. It provides exceptionally strong bonds on many surfaces including foam rubber, wood, cloth, fiber glass, galvanized metal, visqueen, dry wall, carpeting cloth, stretch wrap, paper, corrugated board stock, and more.
Notable features of APC #79 Hi-Performance Spray Adhesive include:
- Aggressive tack which increases production speeds.
- Fast Set Speeds to increase production speeds.
- Precise spray control to allow for less waste.
- Excellent bond strength reduces reject rates.
- No chlorinated solvents= no ozone depleting chemicals
- No Methylene Chloride means it is non-carcinogenic.
- Non-dimpling-soft glue line allows for increased product quality
Tech Data Sheet
Backer Rod Insertion Tools
J&K Foam Fabricating, Inc. is proud to offer two versions of the popular Backer Rod Insertion Tool- the Standard Model and the Road Model.
The Standard Model Backer Rod Insertion Tool helps set foam backer rod into joints quickly and accurately. This tool can set the backer rod consistently at any depth and is fully adjustable.
- Main Frame will accommodate a standard threaded extension handle
- Head of thumb screw can be used to start backer rod and to pinch off backer rod at end of insertion
The Standard Model Backer Rod Insertion Tool includes:
- 4 insertion wheels of different widths (1/8”, ¼”, 3/8”, and ½”)
- 1 tamping blade
The Road Model Backer Rod Insertion Tool is designed to set foam backer rod in joints quickly, at a consistent depth, and without puncturing.
- Very similar to the Standard Model, but features a reinforced resin handle to withstand rough use on horizontal surfaces
- Adjustable to any designed depth
- Handle accepts a threaded standard broom handle or extension pole
The Road Model Backer Rod Insertion Tool includes:
- Four depth setting wheels- 1/8", 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2"
- The road model does NOT include a tamping blade
The Rover Backer Rod Installer is the newest addition to our ever-expanding line of concrete accessories. The Rover Backer Rod Installer is revolutionizing the way backer rod is installed in horizontal applications by taking what used to be a two or three man job and making it an easy one man operation. The Rover Backer Rod Installer allows your customer to insert backer rod quickly and accurately into horizontal joints directly from the backer rod spool which mounts on the upper frame of the rover. From there, the backer rod is simply threaded down through a feed tube and fed through a set of three steel insertion wheels which place the backer rod firmly in the joint. The Rover Backer Rod Installer is ideal for filling saw cut joints in concrete as it will roll smoothly down long spans without issue.
Notable Features of the Rover Backer Rod Installer include:
- Quickly sets polyethylene backer rod in horizontal saw cut and expansion joints directly from the spool
- Fast one-man, walk-behind operation
- Works with joints from 1/8" to 3/4" wide
- Adjustable depth from 0" to 3/4"
- Sturdy, all-steel construction
- Packaged in a durable, weather-resistant wheeled storage case